WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows us or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be « persistent » or « session » cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Essential cookies: We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and load their preferences automatically.
- Advertising cookies: Advertising and targeting cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you, but can also limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and be used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks. They are usually placed by third-party advertising networks with a website operator’s permission.
The two main ways we use advertising and targeting cookies are set out below:
Interest-based advertising (or online behavioral advertising) is where cookies are placed on your device by our third-party advertising partners which remember your web browsing activity and group together your interests in order to provide you with targeted advertisements which are more relevant to you when you visit our websites. Your previous web browsing activity can also be used to infer things about you, such as your demographics (age, gender etc.). This information may also be used to make the advertising on our websites more relevant to you.
‘Retargeting’ is a form of interest-based advertising that enables our third-party advertising partners to show you advertisements selected based on your online browsing activity away from the Website. This allows companies to advertise to people who previously visited their website. These cookies will usually be placed on your device by third party advertising partners and we have listed the main ones we work with as follows: Google AdWords | Bing | Facebook | Yandex | HotJar | Optimizely
Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party’s cookies to report usage statistics of the Service.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Google Adwords: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/opt-out-of-the-bing-ads-optimization-program
- Yandex: https://yandex.com/support/metrica/general/opt-out.xml
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out
- Optimizely: https://www.optimizely.com/legal/opt-out/
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to store your preferences.