COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
At the Amathus, the safety and security of our guests and team members has always been one of our highest priorities, now with Covid-19 in our lives for the long term, it will be even more so!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. In light of COVID-19, what steps is Amathus taking to help protect guests and employees?
Below are some of the many new procedures we have introduced to protect all our guests during COVID-19 crisis.
Notre hôtel a obtenu l’accréditation GBAC STAR™ (Conseil Consultatif Mondial sur les Biorisques), l’étalon-or des installations préparées. Cela signifie que l’hôtel a établi et maintient:
– un programme de nettoyage, de désinfection et de prévention des maladies infectieuses pour minimiser les risques associés aux agents infectieux comme le nouveau coronavirus (SRAS-CoV-2)
– les protocoles de nettoyage, les techniques de désinfection et les pratiques de travail en place pour lutter contre les risques biologiques et les maladies infectieuses.
– des professionnels du nettoyage hautement informés et formés à la préparation et à la riposte aux épidémies et aux maladies infectieuses au sein de notre etablissement
-All Amathus team members undergo Covid-19 testing before employment and then very often.
-All departments have received training on the new standards regarding COVID-19 health & safety protocols.
-Every member of staff strictly comply with these protective measures which include hand hygiene, wearing masks and social distancing.
-Employees will also be asked to stay home and seek medical attention if they, or someone in their household, has any COVID-19 symptoms or in case of travelling.
Arrival: On arrival at the Amathus, personnel will act as guests’ guide, sensitively communicating all the new hygiene measures so they can move around the hotel, knowing that you they being looked after with the greatest care.
Hygiene: Hand sanitizer, in dispensers, are available in key places including: main entrance, reception, lifts, restaurant entrances, lockers, public toilets, meeting and event spaces, spas, pools and gym.
-Any medical support required will be provided in line with government regulations.
-The hotel has ample first aiders on duty at all times and a designated Doctor on call 24 hrs., to provide assistance, including testing and health check services.
-Team members have clear instructions for reporting any possible cases of COVID-19 to senior management and external authorities as required.
COVID-19 awareness: information will be available for guests on the TVs in all our rooms.
Cleaning & Disinfection: The disinfection frequency of all high touch points in the hotel’s public areas has been increased to once per hour. These areas include, but are not limited to: Reception counters, Guest Relations’ desk, lifts and lift buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys & stair handrails. Guest bedrooms will be fully disinfected after every departure, prior to a new guest arriving.
Cleaning protocols: Amathus is GBAC STAR™ – Healthy Stays” Accredited (an international outbreak prevention, response and recovery program developed in cooperation with the Leading Hotels of the World). This includes cleaning products and protocols meeting specific guidelines for approved effective use against viruses and bacteria. When cleaning guest rooms, we pay particular attention to high-touch items. All bed & bath linen is washed at a high temperature.
Facilities & Outlets: The Restaurants, Bars, Spa, pool areas, Gym and all other outlets are also observed social distancing and comply with the current mandated occupancy limits. These areas are disinfected regularly and after each use, including tables, seating, sun beds, massage beds and gym equipment. Menus will be digital on your personal smartphone via QR codes at every table. In-room dining will also continue to operate under new strict measures to ensure your safety.
Kids Club: The Pelican Kids Club is open daily between 10:00-13:00 and 14:00-19:00 to children 4-12 years old. The maximum number of persons allowed in the kids club at a time is 10. Parents are not allowed to enter in the Kids Club, unless there is an emergency and permission from the hotel management; our team of experts which complies to all security and safety regulations will supervise the kids club at all times.
Physical Distancing: Throughout the hotel, we adhere to the guidelines for proper physical distancing and especially where queueing is expected. Guests and employees must practice physical distancing whenever possible, by standing at least 2m away from people they are not travelling with.
We trust these actions will help put your mind at ease and although we have taken all these measures, there will not be any perceptible changes to your holiday experience at our hotel. There will be ample space for you to relax, reward yourselves and enjoy the experience!
2. If one of us became ill with COVID, what are the hotel’s self-isolating rules, can we stay at the hotel, or would we need to move?
– In the case that a hotel guest develops symptoms and is a suspected CV19 case whilst at the hotel, that person and his/her travelling companions have to immediately self-isolate in dedicated isolation rooms and await arrival of state medical services to test and confirm whether they are positive or not.
– If they are positive they will be transferred to the quarantine facility in Limassol and will remain there for 14 days.
– The expenses for this will be born by the Cyprus government. The patient will bear only the cost of amending their return flight tickets.
– All the rooms in the hotel are fully disinfected between departure of guests and arrival of new guests.
3. What are the changes around the pool area we should expect, is access to use the pool limited?
– Around the pool, sunbeds will be apart with 4 metres between umbrellas and 2 metres between pairs of sunbeds.
– As per Cyprus Government Covid-19 preventive measures, bathers have to disinfect their hands, take a shower while wearing waterproof shoes, use disinfection foot bath and wear a waterproof headcover (swimming cap) before entering the swimming pool.
– Personal hygiene practices to be followed by bathers are communicated at the respected areas.
– For the time being, our bar counter service is temporarily unavailable as per state instructions. Drinks are either ordered and brought to the sunbeds, or guests will be able to sit and be served at the tables next to the Beach bar.
4. What changes to restaurants should we expect, limited availability?
– Buffet service will be available for breakfast only but with appropriate measures, traffic flow, additional live cooking, individually portioned food items and more assisted service along with changing of service utensils every 20 minutes.
– The Grill Room, Limanaki, Athina & Helios Bar, Fresh Snack bar are open. Again tables are more spaced out and personal hygiene practises are communicated to the respective outlets.
– The Kalypso Restaurant & Kalypso Gardens Terrace are open for à la carte service during both lunch and dinner respectively. Depending on protocol, buffet will be available.
– All staff in the hotel are wearing masks at all times. This also applies to our guests (as per our Government’s instructions) in all public spaces, both indoors and outdoors.
– Masks can only be removed when dining (at the table), the sunbeds, or in the bedroom.
5. What changes to the gym & spa should we expect?
Spa Opening Times :
– 11:00 – 19:30 | 12:30 – 13:30 closed for cleaning
Gym Openining Times:
– Monday to Friday 6:30 – 21:00
– Saturday & Sunday 6:30 – 20:00
** Spa operates by prior appointment only.
** The indoor pool and sauna are also operational.
** Steam bath and jacuzzi remain temporarily closed.
6. What changes to the Pelican Kids Club should we expect?
– 10:00 – 19:00 | 13:00 – 14:00 closed for cleaning
– For the time being, due to Covid-19 strict preventive measures, the entry of parents/guardians and/or other persons into both the Kindergarten and the Kids’ Club is strictly prohibited.
– For the time being and until further notice, the maximum capacity in the Kid’s Club is 3 children per 10m2. This measure will apply until further notice from our Government.
– One of Amathus Animators will pick up the child/children at the outer door and will accompany them in the Kindergarten and/or the Kids’ Club.
– Any child/children will not be accepted to attend Pelican Kids’ Club in case they are experiencing any symptoms of sickness, especially if there are symptoms indicating coronavirus infection.
7. Where can I get a PCR test done while i am at the hotel which i will need for my return home?
The hotel can make arrangements with a local lab approved by the state for conducting PCR testing. Arrangements can be made through reception or our guest relations office.